Thursday, July 11, 2013

Make-up Maven

Gia is such an awesome combination of traits. I never want to forget all the little things about her that make her uniquely her
 Gia is kind of a tomboy at times--she can run and jump and play with the best of them. She likes checking out worms in the driveway after it rains and she doesn't mind getting dirty.  Yet, she can totally be a girly girl. She loves hair bows and jewelry and lately, if it's not a dress, she's not wearing it.
 
 She also loves to watch me putting on my makeup in the morning. I have a 5-minute routine that I do every day and, as soon as I'm done with it, she loves to take the big brush I use for bronzer and do herself up. When she was a baby I could just give her the brush. Now she knows there's nothing on it unless you "dip" it into the "that black thing with the makeup". 
 
The other day she was watching me put on mascara and she was fascinated--more than usual. I told her she had to wait till she was older to put makeup on her eyes. She said "ok mommy" and skipped off.
 
And then, the next morning I was on the phone with my mom. Gia was watching tv and Jon was outside watering our plants. And this happened:
 


Gia decided she didn't want to wait till she's older to wear mascara. Or TONS of bronzer. In this next shot you can really see the job she did.


The best part? She didn't see anything wrong with her handiwork. In fact, she was mad when we found her & told her makeup time was over, because she wasn't finished. She goes, "But I didn't get to do the other eye!"



 
Gia, my dear, there will be plenty of time for you to "do the other eye".  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!