Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gia's Show and Graduation

Today was one of those days where, at every turn, something wonderful was happening. It was one of those days when I thought to myself a million times, is this really my life? Am I really this blessed?

Today was Gia's end of the year celebration and graduation/moving up day at pre-school. I'll save most of my sentimental musings for next week when it's actually her last day in the toddler class. For now it's all about the show.

We woke up early to the sun shining and the most perfect sunny & warm late spring day. Gia excitedly got ready in her outfit, purchased especially for the show. (The kids all had to wear denim on the bottom and white t-shirts.) Then Yadi arrived and we all rode to school together. I walked Gia in and we took our seats and waited for the show to start.




At 10 am the sounds of "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang filled the air, and out came the toddlers.



The teachers lined them up and Gia looked a little nervous. There was quite a large audience and I could see her scanning the crowd, looking for me. She spotted me pretty quickly and her face lit up. I waved and blew her a kiss and she blew one back. Then she looked around some more and spotted Yadi.  I could see her say "Yadi! Hi Yadi!" Then she looked back at me and said "Yadi's here!" She was so excited to have us both there. I guess she forgot we all drove there together an hour earlier!

Gia and her class sang two songs: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Catch a Falling Star (originally by Perry Como).



.

Gia knew every single hand motion and gesture and did them in perfect time. She gets so into it that she forgets to sing. Every few seconds she'd remember to sing though. It was adorable and hilarious all at once.

After Gia the other classes each performed a few songs. It was incredible to see how much more they are capaable of each year, and it made me so excited (and a little sad) about how much my baby has grown and how much more she still has to go. 

The theme of the show was "Shining Stars"...



and one of the coolest parts about the older kids (the 3s and 4s) was that they did popular songs. We heard "Pocket Full of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield and "Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez, amongst others. It was so lively and upbeat and such a celebration of these adorable little people.

After all the classes had their moment, everyone came back out for a finale together.







Once the show was over we went back to Gia's classroom and she got to show Yadi around. Yadi brought her a rose, which she LOVED!



The teachers had presents for each of the kids (sand pails filled with goodies) and each child also got a personalized "Yearbook".  Then we all went back outside for refreshments.

My mom and I took Gia out for lunch afterwards and we flipped through her Yearbook. I immediately welled up. (Being pregnant and hormonal doesn't help!) It's filled with pictures of Gia on her pre-school journey these past 6 months. It is such a wonderful keepsake to have, and I'm so touched that, once again, Gia's teachers have gone above and beyond for her and the other kids. 
It was just an awesome morning. Gia was so proud of herself and her school. She has grown so much these past few months and it's really beautiful to see. She's such a sweet child and nothing makes my heart swell with love like seeing her in her element, so confident and happy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!