Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day has always been one of my favorite days of the year--even before I was a mom myself.  My birthday (May 11th---today!) always falls on or very close to Mother's Day and, as a kid, my family always had fun celebrating the two together. Or at least I did. My poor mom was often robbed of a proper Mother's Day because she was busy hosting a houseful of family that was over to celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day.
 
Now that I'm an adult and my birthday is more of an "extra fun day" than something I long for and dream about for months, I get to spend the appropriate time and enegery dedicated to my mom. And nothing makes me happier than doing little things for the most special woman I know.
 
And then, just a few years ago, I became a Mama myself, and now I have two days so close to each other that I get to celebrate. And you know me--I love celebrating life's little moments.
 
When I think of Mother's Day now, I think of my mom and I think of Gia. One of them showed me how to be a mom and one of them made me a mom. Both of these things are priceless.  And, I'll never be able to say either of those things about anyone else. And that's just so awesome to me.
 
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, moms-to-be and mother figures out there. You are so incredibly loved!
 
 
Gia painting a birdhouse for Nanny


And painting a picture frame for Yadi
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!