Friday, April 19, 2013

How We Found Out

I wrote this post on Saturday, February 16, 2013.
 
We just found out that I'm pregnant and we are so so excited.
 
 We'd been trying so it wasn't a total surprise like Gia was, but it's still so exciting. In fact, this time around is such a different feeling, it's really incredible.

When I found out I was pregnant with Gia, it was a shock. A very happy shock, but nonetheless, Jon and I weren't trying and we were so so surprised. We were both nervous. One of us may have asked to go to the gym upon hearing the news. 
 
So this time has been a whole new experience. Although it took a few months longer than I thought it would, we still got pregnant relatively quickly. And it was well under the "it takes a healthy couple up to a year" time frame that's so popular with the trying to conceive crowd.
 
On February 15th, Jon was up and getting ready to work and I knew that it was early, but that I could probably take a pregnancy test. I used a cheapie test because I wasn't too hopeful. (There's a brand called Wondfo you can buy on Amazon. For $20 you get 50 ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests. Usually 1 pregnancy test is around $15 alone.)
 
I took the test and hopped in the shower, certain I'd only be seeing one line. 
  Five minutes later I stuck my head out of the shower to peek at the test and I thought I could see a shadow of a line. I never finished a shower so quickly before!
 
Upon closer inspection, there was definitely a very very faint line.  Jon was downstairs giving Gia breakfast and I called him up to the bathroom.
 
"I think I'm pregnant!"
"Really?"  big smile
"Yup! Look at this test." I shoved the test in his face. "Do you see that right there? That line?"
"Yeah I see it. It's light but I see it!"
 
We were cautiously excited all day. At dinner we discussed the fact that I was, quite possibly, pregnant. We asked Gia if she wanted a brother or sister and she said "Brother!" with the biggest smile on her face. And then we asked what we should name him and she said, "Bobby!" in this goofy voice. Jon and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was a perfect moment.
 
The next morning  I woke up and took another test, this one a regular one I picked up at the food store. Within the 3 minute time frame there was a 2nd line, this one much clearer and more noticeable than yesterday's. 
 
I said to Jon, "Looks like I'm pregnant".  He gave me a kiss.
"Much better reaction than last time, right?" he asked.
  Yes. Yes, indeed!


I can't wait to do this all over again!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!