Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Our first holiday in the new house was a huge success!

The food was delicious and everyone was so generous with all of their contributions to the meal. We had turkey (there were 2), stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potato pie, green bean casserole, corn, and 2 types of cornbread (jalapeno cheddar and bacon maple).  Every single thing on the menu was made from scratch--even the cranberry sauce. No canned ingredients for this family!

For dessert we had ice box cake (one of my family's traditions), cheesecake, rainbow cookies, and pumpkin pie.

Gia had the most fun ever running around the house playing with her cousins.


This week I'm (belatedly) thankful for my wonderful family. Without them, I'd be nothing. I'm thankful that my husband and I are both gainfully employed and that we both love what we do. I"m thankful for friends, near and far, who love me, faults and all. And lastly, I'm thankful for my beautiful daughter. Being her mom is the biggest blessing of my life and has made me who I am today.


I was too busy cooking & hostessing to take many pictures. But, here are a few!

My turkey in the oven
Gia loved checking on the turkey

Me, Gia, Liam & Catie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!