Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

In honor of November and Thanksgiving, I've seen daily "Thankful" Facebook posts from many of my friends.



I really like the idea, but, let's be realistic. There's no way I'm going to remember to do that every day. (Remember how I failed miserably at posting every day in October?)

So, how about a Thankful Thursday post every week?  That I think I can handle. Except that I just thought up this brainchild today and that means I already missed a week.

So today I'll start with two things I'm thankful for--one for today and one to make up for last week's miss.

Last week my Thankful Thursday post would most definitely have been about Sandy. I'm thankful that we only lost power for 24 hours and that all our friends and family are safe. No one was hurt and no one lost their primary home. Many were displaced due to flooding, many had damage done to summer homes, and many are still without power. But, we are all alive and well, and frankly, with a disater like that on hand, being safe is certainly something to be thankful for.

This week I'm thankful that my kitchen is almost done being renovated. I'm thankful that we are in a position to renovate it at all! The construction has really been a nightmare (more on that another time) but Jon and I did our best not to get too upset as this process has worn on and on and on, with a few bumps in the road along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!