Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pinterest Muffins

In the past week I made 2 different kinds of muffins and I got both of the recipes on Pinterest. (I go on Pinterest binges, where I pin, pin, pin... and then I take some time to try some of the stuff I pinned. Cause if not I just get overwhelmed looking at all those gorgeous pins and trying to figure out when I'm going to have time to paint our piano, refinish our floors, and do sixteen different holiday crafts with Gia.)

So, first I started with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel.  I make the streusel sans pecans. I didn't have any in the house and Gia's not a fan of nuts. So, mine were just Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Streusel.

 Gia helped me bake:

And they turned out to the be BEST pumpkin muffins EVER. I didn't have vanilla extract so I used vanilla bean paste in the cream cheese mixture and it was divine. You can find the recipe here.



We devoured those in a few days, and I love having muffins in the house, so yesterday I made some more. They're so easy for me to grab and eat on the go when I'm working.

Yesterday I made French Toast Muffins. Upon reading the ingredient list, I was skeptical because the actual muffin itself is so plain. I had everything I needed on hand, which usually isn't the case when I want to try a new recipe. 



But, I went for it anyway, let me tell you---YUM! They were so so good. I made them around 4 pm and Gia, Jon and I ended up having one each after dinner. They are simple, but so buttery and sweet and delicious. And, yes, they DO taste like french toast. You can find the recipe here.  (Ignore the annoying blog post that goes with the recipe. And, DO cut the topping ingredients in half. I doubled the muffin recipe, so I figured I should make the normal amount of topping, and I still have more than half left over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!