Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crazy house

I feel like my house is always a mess. No matter how many times a day I put things where they belong, 20 minutes later the house is a disaster again.

We've only been in the new house for 2.5 months and I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that we're not completely settled yet.  I only have 2 kitchen cabinets and our couch is totally the wrong size and shape for the family room.  The fact that I have a 2 year old doesn't help either.

Oh wait. You're still hung up on the fact that I only have 2 kitchen cabinets?  Yeah, it's true. The people who lived here before us were going for a country look, and they ripped out all but TWO cabinets. I have some small decorative shelves above my one tiny strip of counter space, and a large armoire (the kind meant for sweaters) next to the fridge.  That's it.

Truth be told, it's a complete nightmare. It's tough to cook (and I LOVE to cook) and there's always crap all over my kitchen table because there just isn't anywhere else to put stuff.

I'd show you a picture, but I'm saving the horror for when I can post "Before" and "After" pictures. Kitchen demolition is scheduled for October 29th. Yippee!  (Right now the new cabinets are in the garage, the knobs and pulls for them are in the living room, and the floor samples are, well, on the floor, just begging to be picked.)

As for the family room, it's also a bit of a crazy mess. Our L-shaped couch has the L going the wrong way, and a large part of it is in front of our fireplace. So no fires till we get new couches, which really stinks because now that the weather's cooler at night, I'd love to get a fire going! And our entertainment center is too small for the wall it's on. It looks like a pimple. According to Jon, our tv is too small, too.

And, the list goes on.

I know Rome wasn't built in a day and all that stuff, but it's so hard, living like this. One day at a time, right? We'll get there....eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!