Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blogs

I absolutely love reading other mommy blogs, which is a big reason why I started this one.  This is second only to the fact that I wanted to document this crazy time in my life--raising a toddler, buying a house, working, cooking & baking, photography, reading lots... you know--living my life.

Here are a few of my favorites:

1. The Art of Making a Baby (http://prebabyblog.com/)
Elena, a beautiful Russian model who now lives in FL, blogs about getting pregnant, being pregnant and what it's like to have a kid. She includes gorgeous pictures and has tons of information on being a "green" mom. She often does giveaways too, which is fab.  Check out this giveaway for a really cool family sun tent: http://prebabyblog.com/2012/09/baby-beach-essentials/

2. Mama & The Dudes (http://mamamandolin.blogspot.com/)
Mandey is a mom to adorable twin boys. She's quirky and fun, and I wish I knew her in real life. I love looking at pictures of her boys and I love how she's so real. She tells it like is, and she's honest about the struggles we go through when raising kids.

3. "EB"ing a Mommy ( http://randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/)
This one's a tear jerker like no other. Courtney's son Tripp was diagnosed with Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa -- EB for short -- which is a rare skin condition that causes severe blistering and bruising of the skin just from a simple touch or even from wearing clothing and having it rub against the skin.  Courtney takes you through Tripp's life (and eventual passing) with strength and humility. I swear you can feel her love for her son through the computer screen. Break out the tissues though, before you get started. (I started reading this shortly before Tripp passed and I'd literally SOB at Courtney's posts and then I'd run to Gia's room and just watch her sleep--the air going in and out of her perfect little healthy baby body--and I'd feel so blessed. And then I'd think of Courtney and Tripp and my heart would rip right open again. This is one amazing woman, and Tripp was surely an angel on Earth.)

These are just a few of many awesome ones I read. If anyone has any other mommy blogs they love to read--maybe something funny, perhaps--that they can share, I'd appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!